Limits of PMUSimulator

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I have been able to use PMU Connection Tester as well as the SEL-3378(PDC) to receive data directly from PMUSimluator using UDP connection. I can get at least 20 PMUSimulators to send data into the SEL-3378 without a problem at 60 messages/second and each sending three phasors with no analogs or digitals.  While testing with PMU Simulator, It seems as though only UDP connection will work. Also, I receive a check sum error whenever I try to have more than 3 phasors or 3 analogs or any digital signals. For example,

3 phasors, 0 analogs, and 0 digitals works
0 phasors, 3 analogs, and 0 digitals works 
2 phasors, 1 analogs, and 0 digitals works
4 phasors, 0 analogs, and 0 digitals does not work
3 phasors, 1 analogs, and 0 digitals does not work
0 phasors, 0 analogs, and 1 digitals does not work

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 on a 64 bit machine. I have tested these with PMU Connection Tester with consistent results. I have also received checksum error whenever I change the number of phasors or analogs, though I haven't determined exactly what causes the problem. I am confident that the 3 phasor maximum is not due to limits on my computer, as I have sent twenty PMUSimulators to an external PDC with no problem.  Has anyone else had the same problem or know what may be the problem? Even if I calculate the size manually it seems like it is correct, but still I get the error. Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 3:57 AM
Edited Nov 11, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

Two bugs have been found in iPDC-V1.0. One is error in PMU Simulator configuration frame 2 checksum value and other is no data frame transmission from PMU Simulator over TCP protocol. Bugs have been resolved and reflected the changes on 11-11-2011 in the iPDC-V1.0.1. Download the latest version.

Regards
Nitesh